Today, from 1-3 pm, the Museum of Art and Archaeology, Museum of Anthropology, and other University of Missouri (MU) museums and galleries are conducting an event in conjunction with Smithsonian Magazine’s annual Museum Day. The event is located in Mizzou North (formerly Ellis Fischel), the new home of the MU Art and Archaeology and Anthropology Departments. The Art and Archaeology Cast Gallery is now open, and both museums are expected to be open later this fall.
To attend, meet in the lobby of Mizzou North, and stations will be set up in the Cast Gallery, Lobby, 123 Conference Room, and 7th Floor Classrooms.
Activities include the following:
* Visual thinking strategies with Mary Franco
* Museum of Art and Archaeology (ancient coin specialist)
* Museum of Anthropology
* State Historical Society of Missouri
* Ellis Library
* Missouri Historic Costume and Textile Collection
* Missouri Folk Arts Program