Tonight in downtown Columbia, both First Friday and Living Windows will be happening from 6-8 pm!
Parking: Check out our downtown parking guide for the scoop on parking options downtown. As a quick reference, parking garages are free after 6 pm and street parking is free after 7 pm. There is also a permit parking spaces area bordering the Wabash bus station area that is free after 6 pm.
The Living Windows event will be happening throughout the downtown area, from 6-8 pm. Check out living mannequins and performances in store windows. Some venues will have musical performances, and even hot beverages!
As part of the national trend, First Friday (FF) is a free art crawl in the North Village Arts District (NVAD) on the first Friday of each month, usually occurring from 6 pm to 9 pm (and until 8 pm this month). Galleries, shops, and business will be open with music, art demonstrations, children’s activities, refreshments, and much more. The North Village Arts District has loose borders from north to south, are Rogers Street to the alley south of Walnut Street and east to west, College Avenue to 9th Street. Each First Friday will be different, depending on time of year, and other activities happening in the downtown area. A map/guide postcard will be available at the venues. First Fridays are free and open to the public. First Friday in Columbia, an offshoot of Artlandish Gallery’s First Friday event, started one year ago, in December 2014—Happy one-year anniversary!
December Participating Businesses and Activities:
[Note: Bar and restaurant venues may not be free.]
- Talking Horse Productions- featuring the art of John Northrup in our gallery and celebrating with a reception at 6:00pm. At 7:30, we will be featuring a performance of our fall children’s touring show, “Going Poe Style: The Adventure Stories of Edgar Allan Poe” in the theater. It will be a “pay-what-you-can” event!
- Rose Music Hall – HAPPY HOUR 5-7pm
live music Dave & Dyno with The Roadkill Orchestra
AFTERPARTY!- 9pm Split Lip Rayfield with The Kay Brothers
- Artlandish Gallery – Over 50 Artists works. Plus The Holiday Get Down! A Living Windows Display. Live Music by: Anna Duff, David Dearnley & Johnny Fox.
- Missouri Contemporary Ballet
- Sager Braudis Gallery
- Orr Street Studios – Opening Reception for the Orr Street Artists Guild Exhibit. Music by Paul Frotsch, Beer by Bur Oak Brewing Company, Wine by Arcadian Moon and Miami Bites Food truck out front!
- Resident Arts Orr Street Studios
- Yoga Sol- Kirtan, Sing, Chant, move. Kirtan Chanting starts at 7:00 p.m. Relaxing, soulful way to start out the night.- 7-8 pm
- North Village Recording: For December’s First Friday, we will be hosting a listening party for STEDDY P.’s new album Picture Perfect Broken Home! Steddy will actually be in town on tour at The Social Room that night, so it’s a perfect occasion! We recorded, mixed, mastered and played a role in the executive production of the album as well. Come by from 6-9 and enjoy complimentary snacks and refreshments and listen to the new album front-to-back, straight from the digital master!
- DogMaster Distillery
- Dogwood Studio workspace exhibits art work by Nancy Declue
- Fretboard Coffee live music
- The Center Project
- Root Cellar
- Lo & Behold
- The Bridge – Afterparty! 9:30
- Café Berlin
Thank you for using FreeColumbiaMo.com!
See all the events, and details, by viewing the calendar in the right column.
Share this post using the icons below.
Support FreeColumbiaMo.com and get your Coupons here!
Over $800 in coupons available!
This is an affiliated ad. Accordingly, we may receive compensation—please turn off ad blockers before clicking on links, so that we can get credit. Compensation does not result in increased costs or influence our recommendations, and may even offer you better deals. Any compensation we receive goes to support continuation of FreeColumbiaMo.com. Thank you!
You can also use the button below to make a donation, in any amount, to support the continuation of this service. Thank you!