A couple of events downtown tonight to celebrate Independence Day—Fire in the Sky and Stars & Stripes: ’merican Funk ’N Blues. If you know of any other events, please share details in the comments below.
6:30 pm – Activities and Entertainment
9:15 pm – Fireworks (launched from top of Sixth and Cherry Sts parking garage), choreographed to music simulcast on KBXR 102.3 FM
Parking: Free parking is available downtown (see above map for closed areas) and on the university campus. (more details below) Alternately, you can bike the MKT Trail into downtown, or walk. The trail leads directly to Flat Branch Park.
Presenting sponsors are Columbia Insurance Group and KOMU 8, and major sponsors include Cosmopolitan Luncheon Club, KBXR 102.3, KFRU 1400, and Columbia Convention & Visitors Bureau.
- Children’s Activities at Flat Branch Park / 4th Street – Inflatable Obstacle Course, Pop-A-Shot basketball, 4th of July crafts, games, and activities. The spraygrounds will also be open at Flat Branch.
- Entertainment stage at Flat Branch Park (Emcees from KOMU8 and KFRU 1400)
6:30-7:20: Black Diamond – Neil Diamond Tribute Singer
7:20-7:30: Cathy Cox – patriotic songs
7:30-8:15 AKA Voodoo Woman
8:20-9:10 pm: Black Diamond – Neil Diamond Tribute Singer
- Entertainment stage at Peace Park (Emcees from KOMU8 and BXR102.3)
6:30-7:30: The Follow
7:45-8:15: Tanner Lee Band
8:15-8:25: Cathy Cox – patriotic songs
8:25-9:05: Tanner Lee Band
Reference Info and Tips
- Bring a blanket or lawn chair.
- Concessions available.
- Come early to allow time to find a place to park and enjoy the show!
- Be prepared for traffic jams after the event—allow time for traffic to clear. Many businesses will be open to spend time enjoying The District.
- Do NOT occupy rooftops, for safety—per building code.
- NO personal fireworks, alcohol, or grills.
Transportation / Parking
- 4th of July Transit Schedule
- News release with list of street closings
- Free parking available throughout the District and on University campus in any City or University owned lots and parking garages, unless they are marked closed. (Event map above)
- Streets around Sixth and Cherry parking garage (Fifth, Sixth, Cherry and Locust) will be closed at 7 pm. No parking after 5 pm.
- When the streets close at 7 pm, it will be best to find parking north of Broadway and south of Elm. If you come in on Elm from Providence, turn right toward the University to find parking.
- Locust will be closed at Providence Road.
- Elm will be closed from 6th to 8th Streets and 7th will be closed from Locust to Elm beginning at 1 pm.
- 4th Street will be closed from Locust to Cherry beginning at 1 pm.
- Parking will be restricted in the Sixth and Cherry parking garage starting at 7 pm on July 3. Parking will be restricted in the surrounding lots and streets beginning at 5 pm on July 4 to keep safety zone clear.
- Police will guide exiting traffic after the fireworks show. Some streets may be made one direction only at that time to assist traffic flow.
89.5 KOPN presents:
Tonight is the final night of this music series at Rose Music Hall (1013 Park Ave) with ’merican Funk ’N Blues featuring Chickawa + Brad Cunningham Band (Man In The Ring) + Catdaddy’s Funky Fuzz-Bunker Band. Get down under the stars and exercise some freedom at the door by paying what you wish! No cover required but donations go straight to the bands! Forrest Rose Park and Rose Music Hall are the place to be on Independence Day for beer, live music, tacos, yard games, beer, Stars & Bar!
Thank you for using FreeColumbiaMo.com!
See all the events, and details, by viewing the calendar in the right column.
Share this post using the icons below.
Get your Coupons here!
This is an affiliated ad. Accordingly, we may receive compensation. Compensation does not result in increased costs or influence our recommendations, and may even offer you better deals. Any compensation we receive goes to support continuation of FreeColumbiaMo.com. Thank you!
Please consider making a donation to support the continuation of this service.